Monday, December 1, 2008

a church hall and a shack

I am officially back from Melbourne - partly exhausted, because we were busybusybusy, partly happy because most of it was fantastic. We spent days preparing for my cousin's wedding - making aisle decorations, going to dress fittings for my sister, (she was a bridesmaid, and a gorgeous one at that,) making the books and little gifts for everyone, setting up the reception hall, and spending time with the family. As a result, I'm still in wedding-mode - I apologise in advance if in the next few days, I annoy you by being overly girly, romantic, or noticing if particular types of flowers would look nice in a bouquet, or noticing everything remotely blue (the colour-scheme of the wedding was blue and white). It was such a lovely few days, though, and even though it's still hard to get my head around the fact that yes, my cousin is actually married and we have a new member of our family, I'm really happy for them.

Quick note: another book I just finished reading! It's called 'The Shack', by William P. Young, and it's kind of unlike any other book I've ever read. Some bits are a little hard to get through, but it's soo worth it. It makes you think - and even if that's a scary proposition, I encourage you to check it out. (And Flick, you'll probably cry, but I guarantee you that's it's worth it!)

No comments: